Armstrong Hall

Primary tabs

Armstrong Hall
Construction began on the English-Education Building in 1963 and instructors conducted the first classes in the Fall of 1964. On December 18, 1967 the State College Board voted to name the building after Grace Armstrong. Armstrong was a long time professor in Education. She served the campus community from 1927 until 1963.
Grace Armstrong
Grace Armstrong was born in Faribault county, Minnesota and after high school in Blue Earth taught at rural schools in Minnesota. She attended Winona State Teachers College and received a Bachelor of Science and a Master of Arts from the University of Minnesota. She began teaching at Mankato State Teachers College in 1927 and continued until her retirement in 1963. She specialized in elementary education and rural studies and served for many years as the chairman of the State Committee on teacher education and professional standards.