Original material located at Minnesota State University, Mankato University Archives
Creative Commons-BY-NC. This material is usable under a Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0 Visit our website for additional details and suggested citations. https://library.mnsu.edu/archives/research-services/copyright-and-fair-use/
Mankato State University, the MSU football players gather on the Campus Mall steps during Homecoming, 1988
Campus MallCheerleadersEducationFootball playersHomecomingMankato State UniversityMemorial LibraryThe Fountain
University Archives and Southern Minnesota Historical Center, Memorial Library, Minnesota State University, Mankato, P.O. Box 8419, Mankato, MN 56002-8419 (contributing organization)
Mankato State University, the MSU football players gather on the Campus Mall steps during Homecoming, 1988. The Memorial Library and The Fountain can be seen in the background. The Memorial Library was named for those students who gave their lives for their country, and was opened in 1967. The Campus Mall is a student gathering area, and is located between Armstrong Hall and The Fountain. The fountain design came from part of the New York City World Fair (1965), and was installed in 1969. The sculpture in the fountain was done by, Roger Johnson, a former faculty member in the Art Department, it was added in 1975.
8 x 13
University Photograph Collection, 1868-ongoing. MSU Archives 309.