Original material located at Minnesota State University, Mankato University Archives
Creative Commons-BY-NC. This material is usable under a Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0 Visit our website for additional details and suggested citations. https://library.mnsu.edu/archives/research-services/copyright-and-fair-use/
Mankato State University, a student holds some balloons on the Campus Mall during Homecoming, 1988
Armstrong HallCampus MallCheerleadersEducationHomecomingMankato State UniversityNelson HallStudents
University Archives and Southern Minnesota Historical Center, Memorial Library, Minnesota State University, Mankato, P.O. Box 8419, Mankato, MN 56002-8419 (contributing organization)
Mankato State University, a student holds some balloons on the Campus Mall during Homecoming, 1988. Armstrong Hall and Nelson Hall can be seen in the background. Armstrong Hall is named in honor of Grace Armstrong, who taught professional education for 36 years (1927-63) Armstrong Hall is a classroom building. The Campus Mall is a student gathering area, and is located between Armstrong Hall and The Fountain. Nelson Hall was opened in 1962. The building had modern shop facilities and classrooms and offices to accommodate the Industrial Arts and Mathematics departments. It was named in honor of Maurice J. Nelson who served Mankato State for forty-one years as a professor of industrial arts and dean of men.
13 x 8
University Photograph Collection, 1868-ongoing. MSU Archives 309.